The bi-annual Australian Poll Dorset Conference is a 2-day event for all members and associates. It is an opportunity to learn more about the lamb industry, the role that Poll Dorsets hold within it, and information relevant to sheep breeding and marketing.
The conference is rotated throughout Australia, having previously been held in Hamilton, Wagga Wagga, Launceston, Adelaide and will be hosted in Orange for 2019.
2019 APDA Conference – Orange NSW
As the leading terminal sire in Australia, it is our responsibility, as Poll Dorset stud breeders, to develop the genetics with potential to maximise profits at all stages along the supply chain. The key focus of the 2019 National Poll Dorset Conference will be on how to develop and implement breeding programs, the importance of setting key breeding objectives, and how this drives you to achieve your goals.
Alongside this, other topics will include marketing your stud stock, latest research on mastitis, campylobacter, brucellosis, arthritis and summer pneumonia, DNA testing, Dexa, MSAII, eating quality, lamb survival, heat stress in sheep, terminal sire 2039–what does it look like, and technology now and into the future.
The conference will cover a range of topics that will include both forwardlooking aspects of the lamb industry and practical take home messages which can be applied on farm now. It will provide an opportunity for the attendees to network with each other, share knowledge and put our breed in the best place to move forward.
Sunday March 17, 2019
- Tour of Poll Dorset studs east of Orange
- Meet and Greet
Monday March 18, 2019
- Conference talks, demonstrations, and discussion forum at Highland Heritage Estate, Orange
- Dinner at Highland Heritage Estate (smart casual attire)
Tuesday March 19, 2019
- Visit McSmith’s MASTERyard feed lot–an innovative, complete intensive animal feeding system that utilises a range of new technologies to allow individual animal performance to be measured, allowing for genetic evaluation of individual animals and their genetic lineage
- On farm practical demonstrations of the use of technology, EIDs, sheep handling equipment and gudair vaccinating without getting lumps
- Tour of Poll Dorset studs to the west and south of Orange
Early bird rate (until 31/1/19) Includes all meals and activities $145
Full rate (from 1/2/19) Includes all meals and activities $170
Dinner Only $60
click here for a print version of the registration Booking Form
This year’s conference is proudly hosted by the APDA Central Western Region.
For more details, contact CW region secretary, Ruth Klingner: 0438 642 113 or email@example.com